Frequently Asked Questions
Our customers’ most frequent questions about Verification
are compiled into a knowledge database accessible at all times.
Could not find an answer to your question?
Why does IATAN verify information?
- To ensure the integrity of IATAN’s programs
- To make sure that the information we have received from the travel professionals and the accredited location is correct
- To make sure that only eligible staff are globally recognized as travel professionals and that they are the ones that have access to our programs
What does the accredited location need to send?
- W2’s OR 1099 OR payroll journal OR pay stubs for every employee on the IATAN Personnel List (owners of 20% or more are exempt)
- For residents of Puerto Rico ONLY: tax forms 499 R-2/W-2PR and 480.6A
Why am I obligated to provide this information to IATAN?
- By signing the Travel Professional Profile form, you certify that the information provided is true and correct and agree that IATAN may verify this information at any time
- Failure to provide the requested documents can result in amending or suspending your registration privileges
Who can remain on the IATAN Personnel List?
Personnel who are paid directly and regularly by the accredited location, for which they work, this includes:
- Any employee who is engaged in the sale and/or brokerage of travel and travel related services on a regular basis
- Administrators that support these employees
- Independent contractors who are paid directly by the accredited location they work for (min. $600/year)
- Owners listed in IATAN ownership records
Where do I send my information?
Information is to be sent directly to IATAN by:
- Email: [email protected]
- Mail to IATAN Verification, Suite 600, 703 Waterford Way, Miami, FL 33126
How long will it take to process?
- We will process the documents in the order they are received (usually within 4-6 weeks following the receipt of the documents)
- You will receive a confirmation letter and a new Personnel List once it is completed
Log an enquiry by filling in the online form
and one of our customer service representatives will contact you.